The hungry are dying [electronic resource] : beggars and bishops in Roman Cappadocia / Susan R. Holman
- Holman, Susan R.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 231 pages) : 1 map
- Oxford studies in historical theology
- This study examines a collection of sermons about poverty starvation, and disease written by three leading Christian bishops of late antiquity: Basil of Caesarea, Gregory of Nazianzus, and Gregory of Nyssa.
- 9780199834310 (ebook) and 0199834318 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28942590