Relational inequalities : an organizational approach / Donald Tomaskovic-Devey and Dustin Avent-Holt
- Oxford scholarship online
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Generating Inequalities -- Relational Inequality Theory -- How Else Do Social Scientists Think about Inequality? -- Thinking Relationally -- Plan of the Book -- 2.Observing Inequalities -- From There to Here? -- Comparative Organizational Research Exemplars -- Concluding Thoughts -- 3.Relational Inequality Theory -- Building Blocks of Relational Inequality -- Generic Inequality-Generating Processes -- Contextual Variation in Generic Processes -- Concluding Thoughts -- 4.Organizational Inequality Regimes -- The Ubiquity of Regime Variation -- Elements of Inequality Regimes -- Concluding Thoughts -- 5.Exploitation -- Conceptualizing Exploitation -- Observing Exploitation -- How Does Exploitation Happen? -- Concluding Thoughts -- 6.Social Closure -- Conceptualizing Social Closure -- Observing Closure Processes -- Concluding Thoughts -- 7.Relational Claims-Making -- Conceptualizing Claims-Making -- Legitimacy and Claims-Making -- Observing Claims-Making -- Neoliberalism and the Legitimacy of Claims -- Mobilizing Claims in Cultural Context -- Concluding Thoughts -- 8.Organizational Surplus and Rising Inequality -- Market Power -- Closure, Exploitation, and Power in Markets -- Linking Organizational Inequality and Resource-Pooling -- Concluding Thoughts -- 9.Expanding the Moral Circle -- Implications for Social Science -- RIT and the Politics of Egalitarianism -- Institutional and Organizational Politics -- In Closing.
- 'Relational Inequalities' focuses on the organizational production of categorical inequalities, in the context of the intersectional complexity and institutional fluidity that characterize social life.
- 9780190624460 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2019.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28943437