The best of Greg Egan / Greg Egan
- Egan, Greg, 1961-
- Uniform Title:
- Short stories. Selections
- Burton, MI : Subterranean Press, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 731 pages ; 24 cm.
- Learning to be me -- Axiomatic -- Appropriate love -- Into darkness -- Unstable orbits in the space of lies -- Closer -- Chaff -- Luminous -- Silver fire -- Reasons to be cheerful -- Oceanic -- Oracle -- Singleton -- Dark integers -- Crystal nights -- Zero for conduct -- Bit players -- Uncanny valley -- 3-adica -- Instantiation.
- Greg Egan is arguably Australia's greatest living science fiction writer. In a career spanning more than thirty years, he has produced a steady stream of novels and stories that address a wide range of scientific and philosophical concerns: artificial intelligence, higher mathematics, science vs religion, the nature of consciousness, and the impact of technology on the human personality. All these ideas and more find their way into this generous and illuminating collection, the clear product of a man who is both a master storyteller and a rigorous, exploratory thinker. The Best of Greg Egan contains twenty stories and novellas arranged in chronological order, and each of them is a brilliantly conceived, painstakingly developed gem.
- 9781596069428 (hardback : special numbered edition)
1596069422 (hardback : special numbered edition)
View MARC record | catkey: 28944239