A chance to grow / produced for the Discovery Channel by Little One Productions and Gabriel Films
- Additional Titles:
- Baby's battle for life
- [Boston, Massachusetts] : [Distributed by] The Fanlight Collection, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (53 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Panke, Claire Marie
Little One Productions
Discovery Channel (Firm)
New York State Council on the Arts
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- A Chance to Grow follows three families as they navigate their unpredictable course through the NICU. Their gripping personal stories demonstrate the capacity of ordinary individuals to adapt to crises with extraordinary grace and courage. The program explores the complex ethical issues surrounding modern neonatal care, including multiple births and the borders of survival outside the womb. At the same time, it reveals the dedication, compassion and teamwork of the nurses, physicians and other professionals who care for these tiny patients. It will both educate and inspire viewers, and will be an invaluable tool for introducing students and clinicians to the human realities of modern neonatal care.
- Interest Grade:
- College and up.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: Claire Marie Panke, ©2000.
Broadcast by the Discovery Channel under the title: A baby's battle for life.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Producer/director/writer, Claire Marie Panke ; editor, Ana Crenovich ; executive producer, Jonathan Stack ; associate producer, Michele Lallenmand.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Claire Marie Panke ; original music, John Wolfson ; traditional Irish tunes arranged & performed by The McGuffins.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28944458