CODA : le final du Sacre du printemps = the finale of the Rite of spring / un film de Denis Poulin & Martine Époque ; en co-production avec l'Office national du film du Canada ; producteur, René Chénier ; en collaboration avec Fake Studio ; producteur, Marc Côté ; réalisation et production exécutive, Denis Poulin, Ph.D., Martine Époque
- Additional Titles:
- English title: CODA : the finale of the Rite of spring and Finale of the Rite of spring
- [Montréal, Quebećbec] : [Distributed by] National Film Board of Canada, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (11 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Poulin, Denis, Époque, Martine, Chénier, René, Coté, Marc, National Film Board of Canada, and Fake Studio
- Language Note:
- Silent film with musical acc.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- From the glittering ground slowly emerges a mass of moving particles. Several others all alike soon join the form, dancing as though luminous bodies in the infinite space of the cosmos. These precarious shapes constantly shatter, appear and disappear, transform and evolve to the rhythms of the final transition of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. CODA draws on advanced digital technologies to offer a new vision of dance in cinema. With motion capture (MoCap) and particle processing, designers Denis Poulin and Martine Époque create virtual dancers free of their morphological appearance. They imagine a dance in which humans become dynamic footprints, carrying the motor signature of each one of the real dancers at the source of their movements. Addressing environmental themes by way of metaphor, CODA is a fused universe where space and time collide, deploy, and dissolve.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: National Film Board of Canada, ©2014.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Musique, Igor Stravinsky ; animateurs, Heston L'Abbé, Aulo Licinio, Maxime Lepage ; montage, Philippe Desrosiers, Martin Tremblay.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28944499