Hamou-Bèya, sand fishers / D's Productions and La SMAC présent ; a film by Andrey S. Diarra ; un film écrit et réalisé par Andrey S. Diarra
- Language Note:
- In Bozo with subtitles in English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- The Bozo of Mali are people of the water. For generations, they have lived along the banks of the Niger river, fishing for their livelihood. But climate change and drought have brought lower water levels and fewer fish--driving young Bozo men to leave their villages in search of work. Gala is one of these men. Like many young Bozo, he has moved to the capital, Bamako, and works as a sand fisher--dredging up sand and gravel by hand from the river's banks and bottom, and using large wooden pirogues to ferry it ashore. Here, it will be loaded into trucks and used for bricks, concrete mix and tiling--all to feed the construction boom in the country's largest city.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: D's Productions/La SMAC, c2012; previously released in 2014.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera, Abdélah Coulibaly ; music, Zoumana Théréta.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28944817