Heart of the Congo / a Moira Productions film in association with Dateline Productions ; written, directed & produced by Tom Weidlinger ; Lillian Lincoln Foundation
- Additional Titles:
- Title of French language version: Au coeur du Congo and Subtitle on VHS container: Rebuilding life in the face of war
- [Oley, Pennsylvania] : [Distributed by] Bullfrog Films, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (57 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Weidlinger, Tom, Gosling, Maureen, Bogas, Edward, Galinda, Guillermo, Moira Productions, Dateline Productions, and Bullfrog Films
- Language Note:
- In English and French with parts in an undetermined African language with English or French subtitles and voiceovers.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- In the heart of the Congo, at the end of a war, a handful of aid workers help refugees who have lost everything. They mobilize villagers to dig wells for clean water, train health workers, and nurse children with acute malnutrition back to health. They are confronted with threats of violence from roving militias, systemic corruption, and a legacy of colonial dependency. And there are times when it is very clear that these workers exist apart from those they aim to help, benefiting from services and luxuries of the modern world that are beyond the reach of the rural Congolese. In spite of this the Congolese and European aid workers struggle to encourage the will of the people, and build the skills necessary, for a self-sufficient future.
- Interest Grade:
- 10 and up.
- Title from title frames. and Originally produced by: Lillian Lincoln Foundation, ©2004; previously released in 2005.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Maureen Gosling ; original music, Ed Bogas, Guillermo Galinda.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by Tom Weidlinger.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player. and Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28944826