Hi-Ho Mistahey! / the National Film Board of Canada presents ; a film by Alanis Obomsawin ; director/writer, Alanis Obomsawin ; producer, Alanis Obomsawin ; a National Film Board of Canada production, Quebec Centre
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Fourteen-year-old Shannen Koostachin launched a campaign to build a suitable school for the children of the Cree community of Attawapiskat in 2008. Two years later, tragedy struck when Shannen was killed in a car accident. Her campaign became a national movement, bringing people from all walks of life together to make Shannen's dream--the dream of fairness in education for First Nations children--a reality. Alanis Obomsawin brings together the voices of those who have taken Shannen's dream across Canada and all the way to the United Nations in Geneva, in a larger-than-life adventure. In February 2012, a motion on education for First Nations children passed unanimously in the House of Commons.
- Title from title frames. and Originally produced by: National Film Board of Canada, c2013.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Alison Burns ; director of photography, René Sioui Labelle ; original music, Alain Auger.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narration, Alanis Obomsawin.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player. and Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28944836