Life : the story so far / TVE International ; written and directed by Steve Bradshaw
- Additional Titles:
- Story so far
- [Oley, Pennsylvania] : [Distributed by] Bullfrog Films, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (24 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Bradshaw, Steve (Journalist)
Richards, Jenny (Film producer)
Lamb, Robert, 1952-2012
Thurow, Lester C.
Wolfensohn, James D.
Klein, Naomi, 1970-
Reich, Robert B.
Bellamy, Carol, 1942-
Sai, Fred T.
Sen, Amartya, 1933-
Television Trust for the Environment
BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Life ; 1
- Language Note:
- In English and various languages with English voiceovers.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- The introduction to a major new series about how the newly globalized world economy is affecting ordinary people across the planet. Although most people today are better fed, clothed and educated than ever before, there's also increasing anxiety about the future, and millions more now live in absolute poverty. The three highest-earning people in the world make more than the world's poorest 40 countries combined. Five years ago the World Social Summit promised to eradicate poverty altogether, but world leaders who reviewed its progress in June concluded the task has been far rougher than they imagined. This program asks whether the globalized economy is now running out of control, or whether ordinary people can still hope to share in its fabulous wealth.
- Interest Grade:
- 7 and up.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: TVE International, ©2000.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Pierre Haberer ; executive producer, Jenny Richards ; series producer, Luke Gawin ; series editor, Robert Lamb.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Commentary: Steve Bradshaw ; with Lester Thurow, Susan George, James Wolfenshon, Naomi Klein, Francis Fukuyama, Robert Reich, Juan Somavia, Noam Chomsky, Carol Bellamy, Fred Sai, Amartya Sen.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28945014