Precious lives, meaningful choices : learning from families within pediatric palliative care / produced by Teaching and Learning Centre, University of Calgary ; producer/director, Fred Fountain
- [Boston, Massachusetts] : [Distributed by] The Fanlight Collection, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (41 min.) : digital, sound, color with black and white sequences
- Additional Creators:
- Fountain, Fred
University of Calgary. Teaching and Learning Centre
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Among children with multiple special needs are some whose medical conditions will severely limit their potential lives. Their families struggle to give them the best possible quality of life while knowing that the time they have is limited. In this film four families share the challenges they've experienced in finding and training care assistants, coping with medical staff unfamiliar with their children's rare conditions, meeting the needs of the other children in the family, and, most of all, embracing their children's lives with courage, love, and hope in the midst of terrifying uncertainty about when the end will come.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: Teaching and Learning Centre, University of Calgary, ©2006; previously released in 2007.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera/editor, Lawrie Edison.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28945306