Regular or super / Qu4tre par Quatre Films presents a film by Joseph Hillel and Patrick Demers ; written and produced by Joseph Hillel ; directed by Joseph Hillel and Patrick Demers ; produced in association with TVO
- Additional Titles:
- Ordinaire ou super : regards sur Mies van der Rohe
Views on Mies van der Rohe
Regards sur Mies van der Rohe
- [Brooklyn, New York] : [Distributed by] Icarus Films, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (57 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969
Davies, Howard, 1959-
Fujikawa, Joseph Y.
Schulze, Franz, 1927-2019
Summers, Gene, 1928-2011
Tigerman, Stanley, 1930-2019
Qu4tre par Quatre Films
First Run/Icarus Films
- Language Note:
- In French and English with English subtitles.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- In 1967, at the end of a career spanning more than six decades, which included the design of the Seagram Building in New York, the Lake Shore Drive Apartment Buildings in Chicago, and the Neue Nationalgalerie in Berlin, architect Mies van der Rohe (1886-1969) designed a simple gas station near Montreal. The story of that gas station serves as the point of departure for REGULAR OR SUPER, which examines Mies' entire body of work (more than 70 buildings) and a sparse style that reflects his motto that 'less is more.' Featuring stylish cinematography and an evocative jazz score, REGULAR OR SUPER illustrates many of Mies' classic buildings--including a Montreal gas station built in the '60s--combining these striking facades with observations from some architecture superstars, including Rem Koolhaas, Elizabeth Diller and Phyllis Lamber, which are interlaced with anecdotes from customers and neighbors of the gas station, plus comments from his biographer and family members.
- Interest Grade:
- 10 and up.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: Qu4tre par Quatre Films Inc., ©2004; previously released in 2005.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, François Dutil ; edited by Patrick Demers ; original music, Ramachandra Borcar.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Includes interviews with George Danforth, Howard Davies, Elizabeth Diller, Joseph Fujikawa, Rem Koolhaas, Phyllis Lambert, Dirk Lohan, Detlef Mertins, Ben Nicholson, Franz Schulze, Gene Summers, and Stanley Tigerman.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28945345