South Africa belongs to us / a film by Chris Austin, Peter Chappell, Ruth Weiss ; produced and directed by Chris Austin ; Gerhard Schmidt Produktion in association with W.D.R.
- [Brooklyn, New York] : [Distributed by Icarus Films], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (57 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Austin, Chris, Chappell, Peter, Weiss, Ruth, 1924-, Phango, Peggy, Gerhard Schmidt Produktion, Westdeutscher Rundfunk, and Icarus Films
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Five black women describe their lives under the South African system of apartheid; includes interviews with four women leaders including Winnie Mandela. There are scenes from their work and home life in black reserves or in sex-segregated barracks built for migrant workers. The film also depicts the struggle of black women for human dignity in the face of apartheid.
- Interest Grade:
- 10 and up.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: Gerhard Schmidt Produktion in association with W.D.R., ©1980.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Research and editorial consultant, Ruth Weiss ; photographed and edited by Peter Chappell.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narration, Peegy Phango.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28945465