Tahrir : Liberation Square / Picofilms and Dugong present ; in association with RAI 3 ; a film by Stefano Savona ; produced by Penelope Bortoluzzi, Marco Alessi ; directed and photographed by Stefano Savona
- Additional Titles:
- Liberation Square
- [Brooklyn, New York] : [Distributed by] Icarus Films, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (93 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Additional Creators:
- Savona, Stefano, Bortoluzzi, Penelope, Alessi, Marco, Picofilms, Dugong (Firm), Radiotelevisione italiana. Terza rete, and Icarus Films
- Language Note:
- In Arabic with English subtitles.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Soon after the first reports came about the occupation of Tahrir Square, filmmaker Stefano Savona headed for Cairo, where he stayed, amidst the ever-growing masses in the Square, for weeks. His film introduces us to young Egyptians such as Elsayed, Noha and Ahmed, spending all day and night talking, shouting, singing, finally expressing everything they were forbidden to say out loud until now. As the protests grow in intensity, the regime's repression becomes more violent, with the terrifying potential for massacre never far away. 'Tahrir' is a film written in the faces, hands, and voices of those who experienced this period in the Square. It is a day-to-day account of the Egyptian revolution, capturing the anger, fear, resolve and finally elation of those who made it happen.
- Interest Grade:
- 10 and up.
- Title from title frames. and Originally produced by: Picofilms/Dugong, c2011.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player. and Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28945510