Varmints / the Ecology Center presents ; a High Plains film ; a Doug Hawes-Davis documentary ; producer, director & editor, Doug Hawes-Davis
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Officially declared a 'varmint', the prairie dog may be hunted with no restrictions as to season, method, or number of animals taken. This documentary examines the prairie dog's role as a keystone species in the grasslands of the northern plains states. Ecologists, hunters, ranchers, and others are interviewed. Archival footage shows the U.S. government's official eradication policy of the 1930s, and the contemporary sport of varmint hunting is profiled.
- Interest Grade:
- 10 and up.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by: Doug Hawes-Davis, ©1998; previously released in 1999.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Camera & sound, Drury Gunn Carr.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 28945618