Building code requirements for structural concrete (ACI 318-19) : an ACI standard : commentary on building code requirements for structural concrete (ACI 318R-19) / reported by ACI Committee 318
- Corporate Author:
- ACI Committee 318
- Additional Titles:
- ACI standard : commentary on building code requirements for structural concrete (ACI 318R-19), Commentary on building code requirements for structural concrete (ACI 318R-19), and 2019 : ACI 318-19/ACI 318R-19 ; Building code requirements for structural concrete and commentary
- Farmington Hills, MI : American Concrete Institute, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 623 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- American Concrete Institute
- Chapter 1. General -- Chapter 2. Notation and Terminology -- Chapter 3. Referenced Standards -- Chapter 4. Structural System Requirements -- Chapter 5. Loads -- Chapter 6. Structural Analysis -- Chapter 7. One-Way Slabs -- Chapter 8. Two-Way Slabs -- Chapter 9. Beams -- Chapter 10. Columns -- Chapter 11. Walls -- Chapter 12. Diaphragms -- Chapter 13. Foundations -- Chapter 14. Plain Concrete -- Chapter 15. Beam-Column and Slab-Column Joints -- Chapter 16. Connections Between Members -- Chapter 17. Anchoring to Concrete -- Chapter 18. Earthquake-Resistant Structures -- Chapter 19. Concrete: Design and Durability Requirements -- Chapter 20. Steel Reinforcement Properties, Durability, & Embedments -- Chapter 21. Strength Reduction Factors -- Chapter 22. Sectional Strength -- Chapter 23. Strut-and-Tie Method -- Chapter 24. Serviceability -- Chapter 25. Reinforcement Details -- Chapter 26. Construction Documents and Inspection -- Chapter 27. Strength Evaluation of Existing Structures -- Appendix A. Design Verification Using Nonlinear Response History Analysis -- Appendix B. Steel Reinforcement Information -- Appendix C. Equivalence Between SI-Metric, MKS-Metric, And U.S. Customary Units of Nonhomogenous Equations in the Code -- Commentary References -- Index.
- "The "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete" ("Code") provides minimum requirements for the materials, design, and detailing of structural concrete buildings and, where applicable, nonbuilding structures. This Code was developed by an ANSI-approved consensus process and addresses structural systems, members, and connections, including cast-in-place, precast, shotcrete, plain, nonprestressed, prestressed, and composite construction. Among the subjects covered are: design and construction for strength, serviceability, and durability; load combinations, load factors, and strength reduction factors; structural analysis methods; deflection limits; mechanical and adhesive anchoring to concrete; development and splicing of reinforcement; construction document information; field inspection and testing; and methods to evaluate the strength of existing structures. The Code was substantially reorganized and reformatted in 2014, and this Code continues and expands that same organizational philosophy. The principal objectives of the reorganization were to present all design and detailing requirements for structural systems or for individual members in chapters devoted to those individual subjects, and to arrange the chapters in a manner that generally follows the process and chronology of design and construction. Information and procedures that are common to the design of multiple members are located in utility chapters. Additional enhancements implemented in this Code to provide greater clarity and ease of use include the first use of color illustrations and the use of color to help the user navigate the Code and quickly find the information they need. Uses of the Code include adoption by reference in a general building code, and earlier editions have been widely used in this manner. The Code is written in a format that allows such reference without change to its language. Therefore, background details or suggestions for carrying out the requirements or intent of the Code provisions cannot be included within the Code itself. The Commentary is provided for this purpose. Some considerations of the committee in developing the Code are discussed in the Commentary, with emphasis given to the explanation of new or revised provisions. Much of the research data referenced in preparing the Code is cited for the user desiring to study individual questions in greater detail. Other documents that provide suggestions for carrying out the requirements of the Code are also cited. Technical changes from ACI 318-14 to ACI 318-19 are outlined in the August 2019 issue of Concrete International and are marked in the text of this Code with change bars in the margins."--Preface.
- American Concrete Institute—Standards
- American Concrete Institute
- Reinforced concrete—Specifications—United States
- Reinforced concrete construction—Standards—United States
- Reinforced concrete construction—Specifications—United States
- Concrete construction—Standards—United States
- Building laws—United States
- Standards, Engineering—United States
- Building laws
- Concrete construction—Standards
- Reinforced concrete construction—Standards
- United States
- Cover title.
"An ACI standard"--Cover.
"IN-LB : Inch-Pound Units"--Cover.
"ACI 318-19 supersedes ACI 318-14, was adopted May 3, 2019, and published June 2019."
"ACI 318-19, 'Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete,' hereinafter called the Code or the 2019 Code, and ACI 318R-19, "Commentary," are presented in a side-by-side column format. These are two separate but coordinated documents, with Code text placed in the left column and the corresponding Commentary text aligned in the right column. Commentary section numbers are preceded by an "R" to further distinguish them from Code section numbers. The two documents are bound together solely for the user's convenience. Each document carries a separate enforceable and distinct copyright."--Introduction.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 595-613) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28945825