Energy in Africa [electronic resource] : Challenges and Opportunities / by Manfred Hafner, Simone Tagliapietra, Lucia de Strasser
- Hafner, Manfred
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XX, 112 p. 34 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Tagliapietra, Simone, de Strasser, Lucia, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- SpringerBriefs in Energy, 2191-5520
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- 1.Introduction -- 2.The challenge of energy access in Africa -- 3.Hydrocarbons -- 4.Renewable energy -- 5.Energy investments -- 6.Conclusions.
- This open access book presents a picture of the current energy challenges on the African continent (and the Sub-Saharan region in particular) and proposes pathways to an accelerated energy transition. Starting with an analysis of the status quo and the outlook for Africa’s energy demand and energy access, it provides an account of the available resources, including hydrocarbons and renewable energy resources, which are playing an increasingly crucial role. It then moves on to analyze the level of investment required to scale-up Africa’s energy systems, shedding light on the key barriers and elaborating on potential solutions. It also provides a suggestion for improving the effectiveness of EU–Africa cooperation. While mainly intended for policymakers and academics, this book also speaks to a broader audience interested in gaining an overview of the challenges and opportunities of the African energy sector today and in the future.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28951876