Ethics in psychology and the mental health professions [electronic resource] : standards and cases / Gerald P. Koocher, Dean, College of Science and Health, DePaul University, Patricia Keith-Spiegel, Voran Honors Distinguished Professor of Social and Behavioral Sciences (Emerita), Ball State University
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface -- On being ethical -- Competence : personal fitness, qualifications, and training issues -- Psychotherapy I : Ethical obligations of psychotherapists -- Psychotherapy II : Ethical issues in psychotherapeutic techniques and related controversies -- Ethical challenges in working with human diversity -- Confidentiality, privacy, and record keeping -- Psychological assessment : testing tribulations -- Nonsexual multiple role relationships -- Attraction, romance, and sexual intimacies with clients and subordinates -- Relationships with colleagues, supervisees, students, and employees -- Self-promotion in the age of electronic media -- The mental health business : money and managed care -- Mental health practitioners in the legal system : tort and retort -- Mental health professionals in academia -- Challenging work settings : juggling porcupines -- Scholarly publications and the responsible conduct of research -- Making ethical decisions and taking action -- Ethics codes, regulations, and enforcements -- Index.
- 9780199957699 (hb : alk. paper)
- Revised edition of the authors' Ethics in psychology and the mental health professions, 2008.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28951990