Geometry and discrete mathematics [electronic resource] : a selection of highlights / Benjamin Fine, Anthony Gaglione, Anja Moldenhauer, Gerhard Rosenberger, Dennis Spellman
- De Gruyter textbook
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Geometry and geometric ideas -- Isometries in Euclidean vector spaces and their classication in Rn -- The conic sections -- Special groups of planar isometries -- Graph theory -- Linear fractional transformation and planar hyperbolic geometry -- Combinatorics and combinatorial problems -- Finite probability theory and Bayesian analysis -- Boolean lattices, boolean algebras and Stone's theorem.
- "This two-volume set collects and presents the fundamentals of mathematics in an exciting and pedagogically sound way. The present volume examines the most important basic results in geometry and discrete mathematics, along with their proofs, and also their history"--
- 9783110521450 (print : alk. paper)
3110521458 (print : alk. paper)
9783110521535 (e-book epub)
9783110521504 (e-book pdf)
- Algebra and number theory : a selection of highlights, companion volume to: Geometry and discrete mathematics : a selection of highlights.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28952438