Natal signs [electronic resource] : cultural representations of pregnancy, birth and parenting / edited by Nadya Burton
- Bradford, Ontario : Demeter Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 378 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Burton, Nadya
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Representations of pregnancy, birth and early parenting are simultaneously diverse (grounded in different social, religious and cultural contexts), and normative (they tend to reflect the status quo and romanticized notions of these profound life events). This collection explores diverse cultural representations of childbirth and related life events with a focus on exploring and unsettling normative and stereotypical representations. The work included seeks to engage representations that challenge, transgress and resist cultural norms."--
- 9781926452326 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 28954213