Principles of Mechanics [electronic resource] : Fundamental University Physics / by Salma Alrasheed
- Alrasheed, Salma
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 173 p. 288 illus., 167 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation, IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development, 2522-8714
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Units and Vectors -- Kinematics -- Newton's Laws -- Work and Energy -- Impulse, Momentum and Collisions -- System of Particles -- Rotation of Rigid Bodies -- Rolling and Static Equilibrium -- Central Force Motion -- Oscillatory Motion.
- This open access textbook takes the reader step-by-step through the concepts of mechanics in a clear and detailed manner. Mechanics is considered to be the core of physics, where a deep understanding of the concepts is essential in understanding all branches of physics. Many proofs and examples are included to help the reader grasp the fundamentals fully, paving the way to deal with more advanced topics. After solving all of the examples, the reader will have gained a solid foundation in mechanics and the skills to apply the concepts in a variety of situations. The book is useful for undergraduate students majoring in physics and other science and engineering disciplines. It can also be used as a reference for more advanced levels.
- 9783030151959, 9783030151942 (print), 9783030151966 (print), and 9783030151973 (print)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28955007