Transport of Energetic Electrons in Solids [electronic resource] : Computer Simulation with Applications to Materials Analysis and Characterization / by Maurizio Dapor
- Springer Tracts in Modern Physics, 0081-3869 ; 257
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Electron Transportin Solids -- Cross-Sections: Basic Aspects -- Scattering Mechanisms -- Random Numbers -- Monte Carlo Strategies -- Backscattering Coefficient -- Secondary Electron Yield -- Electron Energy Distributions -- Applications.
- This book presents the potential of the Monte Carlo (MC) technique to solve mathematical and physical problems of great complexity. This book focusses on the study of the electron-solid interaction (transport MC) andpresents some physical problems related to the transport of hot electrons in solid targets using transport MC. The numerical and theoretical results are validated through a comparison with experimental results. The author alsoaddresses methodological aspects. In particular, systematic comparisons among different calculation schemes are presented. Different expressions for the calculation of cross sections and/or stopping power and different simulation methods are described and discussed.
- 9783319038834 and 9783319038827 (print)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28956346