Humanism and education in medieval and Renaissance Italy [electronic resource] : tradition and innovation in Latin schools from the twelfth to the fifteenth century / Robert Black
- Black, Robert, 1946-
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 489 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- NetLibrary, Inc
- Italian Renaissance education: an historiographical perspective -- The elementary school curriculum in medieval and Renaissance Italy: traditional methods and developing texts -- The secondary grammar curriculum -- Latin authors in medieval and Renaissance Italian schools: the story of a canon -- Reading Latin authors in medieval and Renaissance Italian schools -- Rhetoric and style in the school grammar syllabus.
- 0511017871 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 435-455) and indexes.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2002. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries. Excludes the cover image which was part of the original book.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 2896199