Courtly love undressed [electronic resource] : reading through clothes in medieval French culture / E. Jane Burns
- Burns, E. Jane, 1948-
- Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 326 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- NetLibrary, Inc
- Fortune's gown: material extravagance and the opulence of love -- Amorous attire: dressing up for love -- Love's stitches undone: women's work in the chanson de toile -- Robes, armor, and skin -- From woman's nature to nature's dress -- Saracen silk: dolls, idols, and courtly ladies -- Golden spurs: love in the eastern world of Floire et blancheflor.
- 058543610X (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -317) and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2003. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 2896269