Rethinking intelligence [electronic resource] : confronting psychological assumptions about teaching and learning / edited by Joe L. Kincheloe, Shirley R. Steinberg, and Leila E. Villaverde
- New York : Routledge, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 270 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Kincheloe, Joe L., Steinberg, Shirley R., 1952-, Villaverde, Leila E., and NetLibrary, Inc
- The foundations of a democratic educational psychology / Joe L. Kincheloe -- Developmentalism deconstructed / Aimee Howley, Linda Spatig, and Craig Howley -- The personality vacuum : abstracting the social from the psychological / Pepi Leistyna -- An exchange of gazes / Suzanne Gallagher -- Eugenics, evolution, and deaf education / Lana Krievis and Karen Anijar -- Teaching as sacrament / Aostre N. Johnson -- Practicing eternity : socialization, development, and social life / Paul Stein -- Postformal thought as critique, reconceptualization, and possibility for teacher education reform / Gaile Cannella -- Preparing postformal practitioners : pitfalls and promises / Ann Watts Pailliotet and Thomas A. Callister Jr. -- The power of classroom hegemony : an examination of the impact of formal and postformal teacher thinking in an inner-city Latina/o school / Marc Pruyn -- Informally speaking : a continuing dialogue on postformal thinking / Ronald C. McClendon and John A. Weaver -- Politics, intelligence, and the classroom : postformal teaching / Joe L. Kincheloe and Shirley R. Steinberg -- Postformal research : a dialogue on intelligence / Leila E. Villaverde and William F. Pinar.
- 0203906454 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2003. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 2897011