Frontiers of development economics [electronic resource] : the future in perspective / Gerald M. Meier, Joseph E. Stiglitz, editors
- The old generation of development economists and the new / Gerald M. Meier -- On the goals of development / Kaushik Basu -- Fallacies in development theory and their implications for policy / Irma Adelman -- Revisiting the challenge of development / Vinod Thomas -- The evolution of thinking about poverty: exploring the interactions / Ravi Kanbur and Lyn Squire -- Development issues: settled and open / Shahid Yusuf and Joseph E. Stiglitz -- Distributive conflicts, collective action, and institutional economics / Pranab Bardhan -- Historical perspectives on development / Nicholas Crafts -- In quest of the political: the political economy of development policymaking / Merilee S. Grindle -- Modern economic theory and development / Karla Hoff and Joseph E. Stiglitz.
- 0585456429 (electronic bk.)
- Revised papers and commentary from the symposium, "The Future of Development Economics," held in Dubrovnik in May 1999 and sponsored by the University of Zagreb and the World Bank.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2003. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 2897474