The respectful school [electronic resource] : how educators and students can conquer hate and harassment / Stephen L. Wessler with contributing author William Preble
- Wessler, Stephen
- Alexandria, Va. : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 135 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Preble, William, 1953- and NetLibrary, Inc
- Introduction -- From words to violence -- The dynamics of school violence -- The emotional impact of bias, prejudice and harassment -- Modeling civility and respect : the importance of teachers speaking up -- Addressing the needs of victimized students -- The role for administrators -- Developing peer leaders -- The aftermath of September 11th : responding to terror/responding to prejudice -- Conclusion, standing up for each other.
- 0871208644 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2003. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- Funding Information:
- This netLibrary electronic book is provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project, a statewide library union catalog funded by the Pennsylvania Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Bureau of Library Development.
View MARC record | catkey: 2898204