Reading medieval culture : essays in honor of Robert W. Hanning / edited by Robert M. Stein and Sandra Pierson Prior
- Notre Dame, Ind. : University of Notre Dame Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 505 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Stein, Robert M., 1943-
Prior, Sandra Pierson
Hanning, Robert W.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- From Bede's world to "Bede's world" / Nicholas Howe -- Prolixitas temporum : futurity in medieval historical narratives / Monika Otter -- "What's love got to do with it?" : Abbot Suger and the renovation of Saint-Denis / Sarah Spence -- Time and nature in twelfth-century thought : William of Conches, Thierry of Chartres, and the "new science" / Charlotte Gross -- Christina of Markyate and Theodora of Huntingdon : narrative careers / Nancy F. Partner -- The voice of the hind : the emergence of feminine discontent in the lais of Marie de France / H. Marshall Leicester, Jr. -- Troy, Arthur, and the languages of "Brutis Albyoun" / Christopher Baswell -- The hunger for national identity in Richard Coer de Lion / Suzanne Conklin Akbari -- The body of the nun's priest, or, Chaucer's disseminal genius / Peter W. Travis -- "Leve brother" : fraternalism and craft identity in the Miller's prologue and tale / Margaret Aziza Pappano -- All that glisters : the historical setting of the tale of Sir Thopas / William Askins -- Chaucer and Langland : a fellowship of makers / George D. Economou -- "Raptus" and the poetics of married love in Chaucer's wife of Bath's tale and James I's Kingis quair / Elizabeth Robertson -- Chaucer's Criseyde : the betrayer betrayed / Laura L. Howes -- Chaucer and free love / John M. Ganim -- Professionalizing Chaucer : John Matthews Manly, Edith Rickert, and the Canterbury tales as cultural capital / Sealy Gilles and Sylvia Tomasch -- "Gli scogli neri e il niente che c'è" : Dorigen's black rocks and Chaucer's translation of Italy / Warren Ginsberg -- Women in the shadows of the Divine comedy / Joan M. Ferrante -- Linear perspective and the obliquities of reception / Joseph A. Dane -- Una linea sola non stentata : Castiglione, Raphael, and the aesthetics of grace / David Rosand.
- 0268041113 (acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2900812