Origins of European printmaking : fifteenth-century woodcuts and their public / Peter Parshall and Rainer Schoch, with David S. Areford, Richard S. Field, and Peter Schmidt
- Parshall, Peter W.
- Washington : National Gallery of Art, in association with Yale University Press, New Haven, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 371 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Schoch, Rainer, National Gallery of Art (U.S.), and Germanisches Nationalmuseum Nürnberg
- Early woodcuts and the reception of the primitive / Peter Parshall and Rainer Schoch -- The early woodcut: the known and the unknown / Richard S. Field -- The multiple image: the beginnings of printmaking, between old theories and new approaches / Peter Schmidt -- Catalogue. Techniques of replication -- Traces of an early style -- Reception and markets -- Passion and compassion -- Intercession and instruction -- The saints.
- 0300113390 (English ed.)
0894683187 (hardcover : alk. paper)
3936688087 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Catalog of an exhibition to be held at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., Sept. 4-Nov. 27, 2005, and at the Germanisches Nationalmuseum, Nuremberg, Dec. 14, 2005-Mar. 19, 2006.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 340-363) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2906045