Cultural politics in colonial Tehuantepec : community and state among the Isthmus Zapotec, 1500-1750 / Judith Francis Zeitlin
- Zeitlin, Judith Francis
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 323 pages : illustrations, maps, genealogical tables ; 24 cm
- Tales of the "binni gulasa" : native history and the Zapotec conquest of Tehuantepec -- King and community in prehispanic Tehuantepec -- The social fabric is torn : political and religious change, 1521-1562 -- The colonial political economy takes root : archaeological and documentary evidence, 1563-1660 -- Confronting colonial authority in 1660 -- Community opposition in late colonial times -- Historical memory and political authority -- Isthmus Zapotec politics and the trajectory of colonial change.
- 0804733880 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -314) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2908175