Governor's communication transmitting sundry documents relative to Confederate taxes, &c. &c. &c.
- Corporate Author:
- Virginia. Governor (1860-1864 : Letcher)
- [Richmond, Va.] : [William F. Ritchie, public printer], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Virginia. General Assembly
- Doc. ; No. XV
- October 16, 1863 communication from Virginia Governor John Letcher to the General Assembly, transmitting various documents from the Secretary of the Treasury regarding Confederate taxes. The focus was primarily on the collection of taxes on tobacco, particularly when stored in a state public warehouse.
- Document submitted to the Virginia General Assembly called session of 1863. See Parrish & Willingham. Confederate imprints, 4399. and Letter transmitting documents is dated Richmond, Va., Oct. 16, 1863; addressed to the Senate and House of Delegates; and signed: John Letcher.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Swem, E.G. Bib. of Virginia, 15158
View MARC record | catkey: 29234711