Acing civil procedure : a checklist approach to solving procedural problems / A. Benjamin Spencer
- Spencer, A. Benjamin
- St. Paul, MN : West Academic Publishing, 
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 228 pages) : illustrations
- Acing series
- Introduction -- Personal jurisdiction -- Notice and the opportunity to be heard -- Subject matter jurisdiction -- Venue -- The Erie doctrine -- Pleadings -- Joinder of claims and parties -- Discovery -- Pre-answer motions and summary judgment -- Judgment as a matter of law and the motion for a new trial -- Preclusion doctrine -- Conclusion: general examination tips -- Appendix: mini-checklists.
- Moving beyond the outline format used by most students, this book uses a checklist format to lead students through the questions they need to ask and answer to fully analyze the legal questions they are trying to resolve. It assembles the different issues, presenting a clear guide to procedural analysis that students can draw upon when writing their exams. Other study aids provide sample problems, but this book offers a systematic approach to problem solving.
- 9781684675333 (electronic bk.)
1684675332 (electronic bk.)
- Other Edition:
- Revision of: Spencer, A. Benjamin. Fourth edition. St. Paul, MN : West Academic Publishing, 
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 29234800