Clever girl finance : ditch debt, save money, and build real wealth / Bola Sokunbi
- Sokunbi, Bola, 1981-
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- First Edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, 206 pages : charts ; 22 cm
- Pt. I The Start -- Your What and Your Why -- ch. 1 Your Mindset -- Let Go of Your Money Mistakes -- Dream Big -- Affirm Yourself to Being Wealthy -- Shift Your Circle of Influence -- Meet Latoya Scott -- ch. 2 Get Organized -- Get Your Records in Order -- Track Your Spending -- Identify Your Bad Money Habits -- Know Your Net Worth -- Define Your Values -- Set Your Goals -- Meet Molly Stillman -- pt. II The Plan -- ch. 3 Budgeting -- Budgeting 101 -- The Basics -- Setting Up Your Budget Using Categories -- Budgeting Styles -- Rewarding Yourself -- Budgeting on an Inconsistent Income -- Budgeting as a Couple -- The Save Yourself Fund -- Your Emergency Savings -- My Story: How I Saved over $100,000 in Three Years -- ch. 4 Debt and Loans -- Let's Talk About Debt Because It Sucks -- Paying Off Your Debt -- Student Loans Facts and Basics -- Meet Melisa Boutin -- Where to Start with Your Student Loans -- Ideas to Pay Off Your Debt Fast -- Meet Naseema McElroy -- Cashback and Rewards Credit Cards -- Meet Monica Louie -- ch. 5 investing -- Investing -- Meet Adeola Omole -- Investing for Retirement -- How to Start Investing -- Meet Brittney Knies -- pt. III The Necessary -- ch. 6 Credit -- Credit 101 -- Credit Scores -- Busting Credit Myths -- ch. 7 Protecting Yourself -- Creating a Backup Plan with the Right Insurance -- Recession-Proofing Your Finances -- Compromised Information -- ch. 8 Making More Money -- Negotiating to Win -- Side Hustles -- ch. 9 Key Financial Actions -- Steps to Keep Your Financial Plans Intact -- In Closing.
- "Clever Girl Finance is an intro-level personal finance book for women, written by self-made finance guru Bola Sokunbi. Written in an accessible and entertaining tone, Clever Girl Finance teaches women how to budget, save, invest, and pay off loans. Bola tells her own story, as a self-taught investor who managed to save $100,000 in 3 years on a modest salary, and tells the stories of a few women from the Clever Girl Finance community who have also achieved financial independence"--
- 9781119580836 (paperback)
9781119580829 (ePub ebook)
9781119580843 (PDF ebook)
- Includes index.
- Endowment Note:
- Scott H. and Sarah W. Steinhauer Financial Education Endowment in the University Libraries
View MARC record | catkey: 29247720