Guide for making acute risk decisions / Center for Chemical Process Safety of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ; New York, NY : American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers. Center for Chemical Process Safety
- "This book presents a guidance on a large range of decision aids for risk analysts and decision makers in industry so that vital decisions can be made in a more consistent, logical, and rigorous manner. It provides good industry practices on how risk decision making is conducted in the chemical industry from many risk information sources as well as all the elements that need to be addressed to ensure good decisions are being made. Topics include : identifying risk decisions, a risk decision strategy for process safety, case studies in risk decision making failures, guidance on selecting decision aids, templates for decision making in risk-based process safety, understanding process hazards & worst possible consequences, management of change as an exercise in risk identification, inherently safer design as an exercise in risk tradeoff analysis, using LOPA and risk matrices in risk decisions, using CPQRA and safety risk criteria in risk decisions, group decision making, avoiding decision traps, documentation of process safety risk decisions"--
- 9781119669081 electronic publication, 1119669081 electronic book, 1119669057 electronic book, 9781119669050 electronic book, 9781119669043 electronic book, 1119669049 electronic book, 9781118930212 hardcover, and 1118930215
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29247934