Learning innovation and the future of higher education / Joshua Kim and Edward Maloney
- Kim, Joshua, 1969-
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 211 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Maloney, Edward, 1968-
- Introduction -- A turn to learning -- Institutional change and learning innovation -- Reclaiming learning innovation from disruption -- The scholarship of learning innovation -- Leading learning innovation -- Conclusion. The future of learning innovation.
- "At the intersection of learning, technology, design, and organizational change in higher education lies the foundation of a new academic discipline of "digital learning." Coalescing around this new field of study is a set of common theoretical frameworks, methodological practices, and language, and a shared set of challenges and goals. This book seeks to explore the context of this new academic discipline, show how this new field exists within a larger body of scholarship, give examples of how this scholarship is being used on campuses, and offer resources for how colleges and universities can better understand this field. This is a book for those in higher education who work at the intersection of learning technology, design, and organizational change in roles related to digital and online education but who are motivated to use this work to advance both their institutions and the larger field of postsecondary education"--
- 9781421436630 hardcover alkaline paper
1421436639 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Endowment Note:
- Class of 1960 Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 29249359