Alternative healing in American history : an encyclopedia from acupuncture to yoga / Michael Shally-Jensen
- Shally-Jensen, Michael
- Santa Barbara, California : Greenwood, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 410 pages)
- Pre-1900 -- 1900-1950s -- 1960s-1970s -- 1980s-2000 -- 2000-present.
- This book examines alternative healing practices in American popular culture. From traditional folk approaches to more recent developments, it discusses the rise and fall of more than 100 popular approaches to addressing both physical ailments and mental health needs.
- 1440860343 and 9781440860348 (electronic book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29252464