The manual of strategic planning for cultural organizations : a guide for museums, performing arts, science centers, public gardens, heritage sites, libraries, archives, and zoos / Gail Dexter Lord, Kate Markert
- Why conduct a strategic plan? -- Case study 1.1: The Guggenheim Bilbao strategic vision 2020 -- Case study 1.2: Why do you need libraries anyway? : The County of Los Angeles Public Library strategic plan -- Case study 1.3: Soft power and the Gardiner Museum's strategic plan -- When to conduct a strategic plan -- Case study 2.1: It's time for strategic planning at the Whitney Museum of American Art -- Case study 2.2: A new strategic direction for the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture -- Who and what : the structure of strategic planning -- Case study 3.1: Tafelmusik's strategic plan for acoustical excellence -- Case study 3.2: Benefits of strategic planning in science centers -- How : methods of engagement -- Case study 4.1: Why strategic planning for cultural organizations needs to include the city -- Case study 4.2: How Art League Houston engaged communities -- From problems to strategies -- Case study 5.1: The role of strategic planning in formalizing and communicating the changing role of the Toronto Zoo -- Case study 5.2: A new governance strategy for the Tom Thomson Art Gallery -- From strategies to goals : the strategic planning retreat -- Case study 6.1: Creativity is center stage in strategic planning for Roundabout Theatre Company -- From goals to objectives and tasks -- Case study 7.1: Henry Ford Estate Fair Lane : a 21st century blueprint for an iconic historic home -- Implementing the plan -- Case study 8.1: A great garden of the world : our planning story -- Evaluating the strategic plan -- Case study 9.1: Measuring what matters in strategic planning -- Case study 9.2: Using metrics to further alignment at Hillwood -- Conclusion: What can go wrong and how to fix it -- Glossary.
- "This revision of the 2007 Manual of Strategic Planning for Museums has been expanded to be relevant to a broader group of cultural organizations"--Provided by publisher.
- Museums—Planning—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Museums—Management—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Strategic planning—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Gardens—Planning—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Zoos—Planning—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Historic sites—Planning—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Libraries—Planning—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Performing arts—Societies, etc—Planning—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Historic sites—Planning
- Strategic planning
- Kulturelle Einrichtung
- 9781538101308 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
1538101300 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
9781538101315 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
1538101319 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 171-174) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29253014