The executive branch / Joel D. Aberbach, Mark A. Peterson, editors
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxxviii, 590 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Aberbach, Joel D.
Peterson, Mark A.
Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Institutions of American democracy series
- General introduction : the executive branch as an institution of American democracy / Jaroslav Pelikan -- Introduction : presidents and bureaucrats : the executive branch and American democracy / Joel D. Aberbach and Mark A. Peterson -- The evolution of the presidency : between the promise and the fear / Scott C. James -- The evolution of national bureaucracy in the United States / Daniel carpenter -- Giving direction to government in comparative perspective / Richard Rose -- Presidential elections and American democracy / Stephen J. Wayne -- The executive office of the president : the paradox of politicization / Matthew J. Dickinson -- Communicating from the White House : presidential narrowcasting and the national interest / Lawrence R. Jacobs -- The person of the president, leadership, and greatness / Fred I. Greenstein -- The complex organization of the executive branch : the legacies of competing approaches to administration / Colin Campbell -- The federal public service : the people and the challenge / Patricia W. Ingraham -- Caught in the middle : the president, Congress, and the political-bureaucratic system / Barry R. Weingast -- Reforming the executive branch of the U.S. government / Donald F. Kettl -- Executive power and political parties : the dilemmas of scale in American democracy / Sidney M. Milkis -- The executive branch and the legislative process / Andrew Rudalevige -- The courts, jurisprudence, and the executive branch / R. Shep Melnick -- Federalism and the executive branch / Thomas Gais and James Fossett -- Control and accountability : dilemmas of the executive branch / Joel D. Aberbach and Mark A. Peterson.
- 0195173937 (alk. paper)
- "The Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2925508