Pulmonology [electronic resource] / edited by Mieczyslaw Pokorski
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 81 pages 17 illustrations, 11 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Pokorski, Mieczyslaw and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Spirometry: a Need for Periodic Updates of National Reference Values -- Age at Menarche and Risk of Respiratory Diseases -- Effects of Osteopathic Manual Therapy on Hyperinflation in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: A Randomized Cross-over Study -- Oxidative Stress Markers and Severity of Obstructive Sleep Apnea -- Prevalence and Risk of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Arterial Hypertension in the Adult Population in Poland: An Observational Subset of the International Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) Study -- Strategies of Coping with Pain: Differences Associated with the Histological Type of Lung Cancer -- Chest Radiography in Children Hospitalized with Bronchiolitis -- Evaluation of the 2017/18 Influenza Epidemic Season in Poland Based on the SENTINEL Surveillance System -- Occurrence of Influenza Hemagglutinin Antibodies in the Polish Population during the Epidemic Season 2017/18 -- Respiratory Virus Infections in People over 14 Years of Age in Poland in the Epidemic Season of 2017/18.
- This book addresses several burning issues concerning diseases involving the lungs and respiratory tract. It discusses the epidemiology, mechanisms, prevention, and diagnosis of chest conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, sleep apnea and respiratory infections. Further, it examines the intertwined connection between oxidative stress, cardiovascular disorders such as hypertension, and the occurrence and course of obstructive sleep apnea. It also provides pulmonologists with valuable information on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with severe airway obstruction or respiratory tract infections. Other topics covered include viral infections of the airways, such as influenza, particularly in high-risk groups like pediatric populations, as well as psychosocial aspects, e.g., quality of life in lung cancer patients. Combining basic science and clinical practice, the articles provide key insights and highlight the areas of still limited understanding of disease processes. Stimulating new directions in clinical practice, this collection of articles is intended for respiratory physicians, clinical experts, family practitioners, and all allied healthcare professionals.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 29268041