Bird summons / Leila Aboulela
- Aboulela, Leila, 1964-
- New York : Black Cat, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- First Grove Atlantic edition.
- Physical Description:
- 290 pages ; 21 cm
- "When Salma, Moni, and Iman-friends and active members of their local Muslim Women's group-decide to take a road trip together to the Scottish Highlands, they leave behind lives often dominated by obligation, frustrated desire, and dull predictability. Each wants something more out of life, but fears the cost of taking it. Salma is successful and happily married, but tempted to risk it all when she's contacted by her first love back in Egypt; Moni gave up a career in banking to care for her disabled son without the help of her indifferent husband; and Iman, in her twenties and already on her third marriage, longs for the freedom and autonomy she's never known. When the women are visited by the Hoopoe, a sacred bird from Muslim and Celtic literature, they are compelled to question their relationships to faith and femininity, love, loyalty, and sacrifice"--
- 9780802149152 trade paperback
0802149154 trade paperback
- "First published in Great Britain in 2019 by Weidenfeld & Nicolson an imprint of the Orion Publishing Group Ltd."--Title page verso.
View MARC record | catkey: 29268309