151 Quick Ideas for Delegating and Decision Making [electronic resource] / Dittmer, Robert
- Dittmer, Robert
- Career Press, 2007.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (192 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- McFarland, Stephanie and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Research and experience demonstrate two areas with which many new managers are completely unfamiliar: delegating tasks and work, and making decisions. Some struggle with this for years. But it doesn't have to be hard. 151 Quick Ideas for Delegating and Decision Making combines 50 years' experience of two managers, and the experiences of other managers who have been interviewed and observed. Each real world idea has been tried and tested. The best ones are here, in an easy to understand form for you to use. Select those that fit your particular circumstance, for example: • Start with the End in Mind • Know which decisions to make when • Avoid group think • Show them, don't tell them • Put confidence in competence • Give credit and reward success And even if you are already in a supervisory position, this book can help you do a more effective and efficient job at managing people and tasks. Robert E. Dittmer, APR, is author of 151 Quick Ideas to Manage Your Time. He has served as a Director of Media Relations for NATO and the U.S. Army, and has owned and operated public relations agencies for more than 15 years, teaching and counseling leaders on better decision-making and delegation skills. He and his wife live in Indianapolis, Indiana. Stephanie McFarland is an 18-year veteran of the public relations profession. She has been a supervisor at Fortune 500 corporations, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. McFarland has won numerous awards for her project and operational management skills. She, her husband, and her daughter live in Indianapolis.
- 9781564149619, 1564149617, and 9781601639196
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2007.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29269050