- No Acrobat user can afford to miss a beat in his or her production and business task workflow--which makes mastering new versions of key tools like Acrobat a problem. Realizing that the users Acrobat 9 is designed for--creative professionals, business users, and technical professionals -- aren't going to interrupt their work schedules to take a class in the software, Adobe has brought the classroom to them in this handy, comprehensive book. Through a series of self-paced lessons (each of which builds on the last and includes hands-on projects that the reader can create using the files on the CD-ROM), this guide acquaints users with all of Acrobat's regular and industrial-strength features for creating, reviewing, editing, commenting on, modifying, and preflighting PDF files. Readers who are already familiar with the basics of using Acrobat will get up to speed on significantly overhauled new features available in Acrobat 9. Acrobat 9 Pro offers a new PDF Portfolio feature that lets users bring multiple files together in a single interactive PDF portfolio. Acrobat 9 Pro also offers users a dramatically overhauled form creation tool; a streamlined, interactive document review process; synchronized document views; powerful redaction tools, and more.Acrobat Pro Extended (formerly Adobe Acrobat 3D Version 8) offers Windows users added functionality, such as new 3D capabilities, PDF mapping features, video conversion tools, native support for Flash technology (so users can include video, animations, and applications in Acrobat and Acrobat Reader PDF files), and Adobe Presenter, which lets users create interactive presentations with PowerPoint and then publish them to PDF.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2009.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © 2009 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. 2009
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29269796