Advanced Theory of Constraint and Motion Analysis for Robot Mechanisms [electronic resource] / Zhao, Jingshan
- Zhao, Jingshan
- Academic Press, 2013.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (496 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Feng, Zhijing, Chu, Fulei, Ma, Ning, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Advanced Theory of Constraint and Motion Analysis for Robot Mechanisms provides a complete analytical approach to the invention of new robot mechanisms and the analysis of existing designs based on a unified mathematical description of the kinematic and geometric constraints of mechanisms. Beginning with a high level introduction to mechanisms and components, the book moves on to present a new analytical theory of terminal constraints for use in the development of new spatial mechanisms and structures. It clearly describes the application of screw theory to kinematic problems and provides tools that students, engineers and researchers can use for investigation of critical factors such as workspace, dexterity and singularity. • Combines constraint and free motion analysis and design, offering a new approach to robot mechanism innovation and improvement. • Clearly describes the use of screw theory in robot kinematic analysis, allowing for concise representation of motion and static forces when compared to conventional analysis methods. • Includes worked examples to translate theory into practice and demonstrate the application of new analytical methods to critical robotics problems.
- 9780124202238 and 9780124201620
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2014.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright ©: Elsevier Science & Technology 2014
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29270565