Architecting and Deploying DB2 with BLU Acceleration [electronic resource] / Chen, Whei-Jen
- Chen, Whei-Jen
- IBM Redbooks, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (446 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Blaser, Brigitte, Bonezzi, Marco, Lau, Polly, Pacanaro, Jean, Schlegel, Martin, Zaka, Ayesha, Zietlow, Alexander, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- IBM® DB2® with BLU Acceleration is a revolutionary technology that is delivered in DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Release 10.5. BLU Acceleration delivers breakthrough performance improvements for analytic queries by using dynamic in-memory columnar technologies. Different from other vendor solutions, BLU Acceleration allows the unified computing of OLTP and analytics data inside a single database, therefore, removing barriers and accelerating results for users. With observed hundredfold improvement in query response time, BLU Acceleration provides a simple, fast, and easy-to-use solution for the needs of today's organizations; quick access to business answers can be used to gain a competitive edge, lower costs, and more. This IBM Redbooks® publication introduces the concepts of DB2 with BLU Acceleration. It discusses the steps to move from a relational database to using BLU Acceleration, optimizing BLU usage, and deploying BLU into existing analytic solutions today, with an example of IBM Cognos®. This book also describes integration of DB2 with BLU Acceleration into SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) and SAP's near-line storage solution on DB2. This publication is intended to be helpful to a wide-ranging audience, including those readers who want to understand the technologies and those who have planning, deployment, and support responsibilities.
- 0738440124 and 9780738440125
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29272102