- Position yourself at the forefront of audio and broadcast studio technology by learning audio over IP. You will gain knowledge of IP network engineering as it applies to audio applications, and then progress to a full understanding of how equipment built on Ethernet and Internet Protocol are used in today's audio production and broadcast facilities for the transporting, mixing and processing of pro-quality audio. A chapter on integrating Voice-over IP telephony (VoIP) to pro-audio and broadcast facilities is also included. Using the popular Livewire technology, you will learn how to design, construct, configure and troubleshoot an AoIP system, including how to interface with PCs, VoIP telephone PBXs, IP codecs, and the Internet. See how AoIP systems work in practice, and discover their distinct advantages over older audio infrastructures. With its complete introduction to AoIP technology in a fun, highly readable style, this book is essential for audio professionals who want to broaden their knowledge of IP-based studio systems--or for IT experts who need to understand AoIP applications.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2009.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Routledge 2009 2009
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29272538