- Now that you've bought that amazing new DSLR, you need a book that goes beyond the camera manual to teach you how to take great shots. For photographers interested in black and white, this guide by pro photographer John Batdorff will help you conquer the fundamentals and capture stunning pictures. Batdorff starts with the basics-composition, light, contrast, and textures-and when to choose black and white. He covers all the key camera features that affect your image (regardless of what type of DSLR you have), including the shutter speed's ability to freeze and convey motion, as well as aperture's direct correlation with depth of field. Once you've captured those shots, John takes you step-by-step through color conversion and post-processing in Lightroom. He also covers the cool enhancements that can be added with Nik Software Silver Efex Pro. This guide is for beginning-to-intermediate digital photographers to understand the basics and bring their own unique artistic expression to any situation whether taking portraits, action shots, landscapes, studio, or lifestyle shots. Beautifully illustrated with large, compelling photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time you pick up the camera.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2012.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2012 John Batdorff, except pp. 66-67 and illustrations on pp. 62-63 © Peachpit Press 2012
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29273974