- Broadcast News Writing, Reporting, and Producing , 7th Edition is the leading book covering all aspects of writing and reporting the news. It identifies the key concepts and terms readers need to know in the news gathering and dissemination process, and provides practical, real-world advice for operating in the modern day newsroom. New to the seventh Edition are profiles of working journalists who give readers a glimpse into the working life of modern reporters, producers, and directors. This new edition also covers important aspects of the use of social media, drone journalism, and digital technology. A new chapter on portfolio development will assist readers in developing the skills to advance in their careers. The text has also been updated to reflect new industry standards in modes of information gathering and delivery, writing style, and technology. Additional features include: Key words at the start of every chapter, identifying important terms and definitions; End of chapter summaries, which allows readers to review the chapter's main points; "Text Your Knowledge", which helps readers quiz themselves on important concepts; Chapter-by-chapter exercises, which readers can apply to a chapter's themes; A companion website featuring video tutorials of necessary skills for journalists, including how to arrange lighting structures, how to hold a microphone, and how to properly conduct an interview.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2017.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Routledge 2017 2017
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29274382