- "Everything you need to master Access 2007 forms, reports, and queries." -Charles Carr, Reviews Editor, ComputorEdge Magazine Create Forms for Business Ensure Data Entry Accuracy Build Elegant Form Interfaces Collect Data Via Email Design Effective Business Reports Make an Invoice Report Create Mailing Labels Extract Data Work with Multiple Tables Calculate Discounts Analyze Data Develop your Microsoft Access expertise instantly with proven techniques Let's face it: Microsoft Access is a large, intimidating program. Most people never progress beyond creating simple tables and using wizards to build basic forms and reports. At the same time, you need information and you know that what you seek is embedded somewhere in your Access database. Without a more sophisticated knowledge of how to extract and present that data, you're forced to rely on office gurus and overworked IT people to provide canned reports or one-size-fits-all solutions. This book changes all that by giving you the skills to build efficient front-ends for data (forms), publish the results in an attractive and easy-to-read format (reports), and extract the data you need (queries). This book shuns the big Access picture and instead focuses intently on forms, reports, and queries. This in-depth approach will give you the knowledge and understanding you need to get at the data and prove the old saw that knowledge is power. · Focuses on the three technologies that you must master to get the most out of Access: forms, reports, and queries. · Avoids database theory in favor of practical know-how that you can put to use right away. · Packed full of real-world examples and techniques to help you learn and understand the importance of each section. · Covers what's new and changed in Microsoft Access 2007. Introduction Part I: Creating Forms Chapter 1 Creating and Using a Form Chapter 2 Working with Form Controls Chapter 3 Designing Forms for Efficient and Accurate Data Entry Chapter 4 Designing Forms for Business Use Chapter 5 Creating Specialized Forms Part II: Designing and Customizing Reports Chapter 6 Creating and Publishing a Report Chapter 7 Designing Effective Business Reports Chapter 8 Designing Advanced Reports Chapter 9 Creating Specialized Reports Part III: Creating Powerful Queries Chapter 10 Creating a Basic Query Chapter 11 Building Criteria Expressions Chapter 12...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2007.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2007 by Que Publishing 2007
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29275229