- Learn or refresh core statistical methods for business with SAS® and approach real business analytics issues and techniques using a practical approach that avoids complex mathematics and instead employs easy-to-follow explanations. Business Statistics Made Easy in SAS® is designed as a user-friendly, practice-oriented, introductory text to teach businesspeople, students, and others core statistical concepts and applications. It begins with absolute core principles and takes you through an overview of statistics, data and data collection, an introduction to SAS®, and basic statistics (descriptive statistics and basic associational statistics). The book also provides an overview of statistical modeling, effect size, statistical significance and power testing, basics of linear regression, introduction to comparison of means, basics of chi-square tests for categories, extrapolating statistics to business outcomes, and some topical issues in statistics, such as big data, simulation, machine learning, and data warehousing. The book steers away from complex mathematical-based explanations, and it also avoids basing explanations on the traditional build-up of distributions, probability theory and the like, which tend to lose the practice-oriented reader. Instead, it teaches the core ideas of statistics through methods such as careful, intuitive written explanations, easy-to-follow diagrams, step-by-step technique implementation, and interesting metaphors. With no previous SAS experience necessary, Business Statistics Made Easy in SAS® is an ideal introduction for beginners. It is suitable for introductory undergraduate classes, postgraduate courses such as MBA refresher classes, and for the business practitioner. It is compatible with SAS® University Edition.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2015.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright ©: SAS Institute 2015
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29275235