Care to Dare: Unleashing Astonishing Potential Through Secure Base Leadership, 2nd Edition [electronic resource] / Kohlrieser, George
- Kohlrieser, George
- Jossey-Bass, 2012.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (336 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Goldsworthy, Susan, Coombe, Duncan, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Have you ever been led by someone who cared for you like family, and dared you to achieve more than you ever thought possible for yourself, your organization, and even society? Award-winning author of Hostage at the Table, George Kohlrieser, along with his co-authors Susan Goldsworthy and Duncan Coombe, explain how becoming a secure base leader releases extraordinary potential in others. Part of the Warren Bennis leadership series Care to Dare shows you how to become a Secure Base Leader so that you release your followers from the fears that get in the way of their performance. It shows you how you can unleash astonishing potential by building the trust, delivering the change, and inspiring the focus that underpins sustainable high performance. From extensive interviews with executives from all over the world, as well as from surveys with more than a thousand executives, the book reveals the nine characteristics that Secure Base Leaders display on a daily basis. The research shows that a primary difference between a successful leader and a failed leader is the presence or absence of secure bases in his or her life. Care to Dare will take you on a journey where you will discover your own secure bases, past and present, and determine how you can be a secure base for other people in your life at work and at home.
- 9781118361283, 1119961572, and 9781119961574
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2012.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Jossey-Bass 2012
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29275523