Cisco Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Networking LiveLessons (Video Training) [electronic resource] / Redmon, Kevin
- Redmon, Kevin
- Cisco Press, 2014.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 video file, approximately 5 hr., 26 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- 4+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Cisco Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Networking LiveLessons provides more than 4 hours of core video training covering Enterprise Mobility Architecture, Enterprise Network and Mobility, and onboarding of Consumer Devices-ensuring a differentiated, secure connection to the corporate network. Description Cisco Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Networking LiveLessons will introduce the viewer to the Cisco BYOD Smart Solution, focusing on version 2.5 of the Cisco Validated Design (CVD). The topics explained in this series will focus on the Cisco Smart Solution, but may be ubiquitous across other BYOD implementations. Cisco Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Networking LiveLessons will begin with an explanation of the business model that makes BYOD such an appealing movement for IT organizations, from small businesses to large enterprises. As the business case is established, the author will then discuss the complete end-to-end BYOD architecture, taking a deep dive within each major topic area. The video training will cover everything from wired switchport access, wireless LAN configuration using Lightweight Access Points, as well as Guest access. The author will sometimes enrich the discussion points beyond the CVD topics to provide a complete, well-rounded approach to the Cisco BYOD Smart Solution. Major sections are as follows: Lesson 1: Overview of the Cisco BYOD Smart Solution Lesson 2: Basic ISE Configuration Lesson 3: Adding NAS to ISE Lesson 4: Wired Configuration Lesson 5: Wireless Configuration Lesson 6: Authentication Policy Lesson 7: Authorization Policy Lesson 8: Sponsor Portal Configuration Lesson 9: Guest Configuration Lesson 10: Lost/Stolen Devices Lesson 11: Mobile Device Managers (MDM) About the Instructor Kevin Redmon is the youngest of 12 children and was born in Marion, Ohio. Since joining Cisco in October 2000, Kevin has worked closely with several Cisco Design organizations, as a Firewall/VPN Customer Support Engineer with the Cisco Technical Assistant Center, and now as a Systems Test Engineer in the Systems Development Unit in RTP, NC, supporting the Cisco Validated Design for BYOD. He has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from Case Western Reserve University and a Masters of Science in Information Security from East Carolina University-as well as several Cisco Certifications. Kevin enjoys innovating new ideas to keep his mind fresh and currently has a patent listed with the United Stat...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2014 by Pearson Education Inc.
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29276206